A #throwbackthursday episode!
Back in August, Chris harvested vegetables from the UV garden and used them to make Ratatouille. He pairs it with the 2019 LTL Grenache Rosé whose crisp acidity Chris says is perfect for cutting through hearty vegetarian dishes.
Download a pdf version of the recipe.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 large summer squash
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 large bell peppers
- 4 Roma tomatoes (or equivalent amount of any size tomato)
- 1 medium sweet or yellow onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- ~6 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Large dice all vegetables in ~1-inch cubes. Set aside in separate piles.
- Heat 2T oil in a large pan on medium-high heat.
- Add eggplant and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until slightly tender, but still firm.
- Remove eggplant from heat and set aside.
- Add 2T olive oil to pan and repeat Steps 3-4 with summer squash and zucchini.
- Add 2T olive oil to pan and add onion. Sauté until softened and slightly browned.
- Add Bay leaf, thyme sprigs, and garlic. Sauté for 2-3min to extract aromas
- Add pepper and tomatoes. Cook with onions and herbs for 2min.
- Add eggplant, squash, and zucchini back to pan. Reduce heat and simmer for 20min.
- Remove Bay leaf and thyme sprigs. Stir in fresh basil.
- Season to taste with salt and peper and serve.
Enjoy with a refreshing wine such as LTL Rosé!