Using mussels from Taylor's Shellfish in Seattle, Chris whips up a funky dish that pairs perfectly with our Southwest Facing Sauvignon Blanc.
Download a pdf version of the recipe
- 2lb mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 2-3T butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8oz. uncooked chorizo
- 3/4C white wine
- 1 1/2C chicken stock
- 1/2-1t pepper flakes
- 1T harissa paste
- 1/2C heavy cream
- Add butter to pan on medium heat
- Add onion and cook until soft
- Add 2 cloves chopped garlic
- Add chorizo. Sauté lightly, but don’t cook fully
- Add pepper flakes and harissa paste
- Add white wine and turn up heat to medium-high
- Add chicken stock. Stir and simmer for a few minutes
- Add mussels and stir into broth. Cover and steam for 3-4min until shells open
- Add cream. Stir to combine and serve!
**Don't forget to pour yourself a glass of that wine to enjoy while you cook and dine!