Chris prepares his signature deconstructed guacamole over pan seared scallops and serves it with the 2018 LTL Grenache Rosé.
Download a pdf version of the recipe
- 2 dozen fresh scallops
- 2T vegetable oil
- avocado chilled and diced
- tomatoes, peeled and diced
- sun-dried tomato
- white onion, finely diced
- Anaheim pepper, finely diced
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- the juice of a lime wedge
- your choice of hot sauce (optional)
- Rinse scallops and remove tendon.
- Dice avocado, tomato, sun-dried tomato, and onion into smal pieces and set aside. Keeping the avocados chilled until slicing makes dicing them into small pieces easier.
- Rinse and chop cilantro leaves.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan on high heat.
- Add scallops and cook for ~1.5min.
- When browned on both sides, remove scallops to pre-warmed plates.
- Sprinkle avocado, tomato, sun-dried tomato, onion, and pepper over scallops.
- Squeeze a few drops lime juice over each plate.
- Add hot sauce and cilantro to garnish.