Using Fleur de Sel seasoned with Herbs de Provence grown in the Upchurch Vineyard winery garden, Chris prepares lamb chops with roasted tomatoes and duck fat potatoes. He pairs this hearty summer fare with the elegant, yet powerfully balanced, fruit of our flagship 2017 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon.
Download a pdf version of the recipe.
- 1 lamb rack, trimmed
- 2-3C cherry tomatoes
- 2-3C baby potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- Herbs de Provence with Fleur de Sel*
- extra rosemary (optional)
- 1/4C olive oil
- 1/8C duck fat
* You can prepare your own seasoning, making a 50/50 blend of Herbs de Provence and salt at home.
- Set oven to broil and start grill.
- Paint both sides of lamb chops with oil. Spoon a generous amount of herbed salt on each side and allow to sit for ~30 minutes.
- Toss cherry tomatoes with garlic, olive oil, and herbed salt. Spread over a baking sheet and place on middle oven rack.
- Combine potatoes, duck fat, herbed salt, and extra rosemary in a bowl to marinade.
- Place lamb chops on grill.
- Add potatoes to a sauté pan on medium heat.
- Check tomatoes and rotate pan in oven if necessary.
- When nicely browned on one side, flip lamb chops.
- Once finished, remove lamb chops from heat (after ~2-4 minutes per side).
- When slightly brown-roasted on top, remove tomatoes from oven.
- Remove potatoes from heat and plate up with lamb chops alongside tomatoes.